Welcome to east side taekwondo
Taekwondo and personal safety for children, youth, adults and families. Find a class and call us to book a trial session. Your taekwondo journey begins here!
We are a small but mighty martial arts studio located at 4873 Main Street in Vancouver, BC.
Whether you’re new to taekwondo or have years of experience, we’d love to have you join us. Our east Vancouver taekwondo studio is open six days a week and we welcome new students! East side taekwondo is owned and operated by Master Michael Ellis, a 5th Dan taekwondo Master with 30+ years under his black belt. We are members of the W.T.F. Taekwondo Federation of British Columbia and Taekwondo Canada.
Classes Every Day
Classes for children, youth, and adults run every weekday starting at 3:15pm. Want to work out with your kids? Join us for family training on Saturdays. The studio is also available for birthday parties and rentals.
Why join eastside taekwondo?
- Fun: learning a martial art is hard work, but we make it fun with exercise challenges, obstacle courses, and games
- Focus: our experienced instructors guide students towards self-discipline and physical control
- Fitness: wherever you or your child are in your fitness journey, we’ll help you develop strength and endurance
- Taekwondo Skills: blocking, kicking, punching. We start with the basics and build from there. Advanced students do advanced training drills
- Personalized Instruction: Small classes allow us to accommodate individual participant goals
- Measurable Progress: Students can test to achieve taekwondo belt levels; from yellow to black
This place is amazing! I started going here 3 months ago because my friends were doing it, I didn’t expect much but then I started to really enjoy it. It’s also in the absolute best location in the city, its close to everything and it’s in great walking distance. Highly would recommend for anyone wanting to start or continue taekwondo.H Vorb, via Google Reviews
Programs are conducted in a safe and positive environment. We are LGBTQ+ friendly. Come in for more information and begin your journey towards health, fitness, and personal safety.